Home About Us Calendar Postcards Competition Galleries Tech Talk Marketplace Links
The Morgan Owners Club of Australia
Established 1958

Copyright © 2002-2019 Web designed & maintained for nix by Geoff Williams

Plus 4


Year

Chassis #

Details

1951

P2131

Owned by Max Scott since 1995. A car with a rich racing history from late '60's when championed by MOCA founder Bruce Callahan. Raced by Arthur Hardy from 1977 until acquired by Max who achieved CSCA Champion driver for 1997.

1951

2168

Owned by Allison Brancourt (ne Little). Rebuilt 1972 by Bob Little.

1952

P2263

Owned by David and Alison Keep - Originally dispatched from the Morgan Factory on 7th January 1952 to Brylaws, Sydney Australia. There has been 4 known previous owners including the Balfe family between 1968-72.

Rescued from a garage in 2014 after 39 years off the road and given a ground up restoration, completed just in time for the 2018 Diamond Muster in Bathurst.

1953

P2581

One of the last flat radiator models built. Purchased July 2005 from Dr. Terry Clarke of Springwood, NSW. This car now resides in Tasmania and is owned by Geoff & Sylvia Smedley who in 2008 completed a 3 year restoration including a bare metal respray,  rebuilt suspension, F&R updated shocks and alloy finned brakes on front, engine modified to run ULP, gearbox is a Sierra 5 speed plus other subtle mods to enhance the enjoyment of this vehicle.

1954

3219

Owned by Stan and Jenny Jodeikin, NSW. This is a rare transition model. First of the cowled radiator type with twin upright spare wheels and headlights shaped into the mudguards. This was amongst the first Morgans built after the initial "bean can" headlight variety. Engine is a 4 cylinder O.H.V 1991 cc with a Moss box.

1955

3286

David Reid



1960

4590

The car was built late in 1960 and was one of the first two Morgans to be imported into Australia by Ken Ward.

David McKay drove it to victory in the first race  at the opening meeting of the new Warwick Farm circuit in December 1960.

Ron Coulston then raced the Plus 4 as part of the Scuderia Veloce racing team, competing at Bathurst, Gnoo Blas, Warwick Farm, Catalina, Lakeside, and at Silverdale, Bathurst and Tamworth Hillclimbs.

In 1962 Tony Reynolds bought the car and won at Warwick Farm on his first outing, also winning with Les Howard co-driving, at the first Bathurst Six Hour. Tony also raced the Morgan at Catalina, Sandown Park, Oran Park, Longford, and Lakeside with several wins. Bill Nicholson then raced the Plus 4 at Bathurst before it moved on to Len Searle, who also raced the car at Hume Weir, Sandown Park, Warwick Farm, Bathurst, Lakeside, Catalina and Oran Park.

After Len Searle’s death the tired Morgan with only 21,000 miles on the clock was bought back by Ken Ward, who kept it until John Hurst persuaded him to part with what was now an old wreck in 1998 and went on to restore and use the Plus 4 in club events.

1961

5000

A well presented +4 owned by Brian and Cindy Tomalin sporting an increased capacity engine of 2,188cc with strengthened front suspension and stub axles fitted

1963

5455

Engine CT21749ME, Col Davidson

ex Tony St Quinton, Jeff Price

1966

6328

Low line Supersports.

Brian and Pam Williams

1966

6348

Barbara Bousky, Drophead Coupe


1966

6426

Owned by Peter Edmonson since new.

1967

6579

Restored in time for the Morgan Muster, New coachwood frame, new doors, new tub, new seats, new firewall, engine rebuilt ported polished and balanced, electronic ignition, new modern loom, rebuilt diff, new cooling system, bright work rechromed, cockpit insulated and re-upholstered in leather, stainless steel fasteners with

nylock nuts, new suspension, brakes rebuilt, colour co-ordinated inertial seat belts, new Everflex weather protection, new mahogany dashboard, new switches, rebuilt instruments, rebuilt wheels.

1986

F7143

Low line Plus 4. 2 Litre Fiat engine with 5 speed gearbox. First of the Bosch EFI motors. Imported into Australia 2008. BLUMOG.

1989

M7870

Since 2011 Gordon Bevan of NSW has enjoyed this immaculate Plus 4

1990

M7938


Ross Simpson. 4 Seater, Rover M16 Engine. Previous owners Vic Kay, Keith Hasselby, Mark Wheatley. Despatched from Factory 19/01/1990


1990

M7953

Lyle Honess, 4 seater

1993

T8885

A Corsa Red, currently enjoyed by Malcolm Sparrow in Vancouver, BC, Canada

1996

T9741

Todd Hamilton

2011

B04749

An immaculate metallic Monterey Blue +4 owned by Cully and Sue Gower of NSW. 

2012

C5004944

Graham and Lynn Richards. Superb 2.0L Duratec fuel injected

Plus 4  first displayed at the Motorclassica Motor Show in Melbourne October 2012

2012

C6004025

A traditional green Plus 4 enjoyed by Jason Barker and family

2014

K4320

A beautiful +4 sport green enjoyed by Graham Balfe. Great touring Morgan.

2016

G004025

Striking Cream, enjoyed by the new owner D Maclean.

2017

H0004077

A beautiful and long-awaited addition to the Chander Family – proud parents, Jay and Linda, resplendent in Lapis blue and saddle brown leather

PAGE TOP